objectivE MEASURES OF MOTOR ABNORMALITIES
High frequencies bands from the motor cortex are strongly related to long-term L-DOPA induced dyskinesia.
Our EEG capabilities enable to measure the in vivo effect of anti-dyskinetic compounds directly at the source, in the motor cortex.
Our clinically-relevant GammaPark biomarker indeed correlates to dyskinetic state in both human patients and in the unilateral 6-OHDA rat model of PD under chronic L-DOPA medication.
L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia (lid)
Levodopa (L-DOPA) is to date the gold strandard for treating PD patients.
After an initial “honeymoon” period when levodopa almost completely reversed the signs and symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, L-DOPA starts losing its effectiveness (Holford and Nutt, Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2008) and induces motor complications.
- Chronic L-DOPA exposure generates several side-effects such as motor complications (L-DOPA Induced Dyskinesia or LID).
- In the translational 6-OHDA rat model of PD, L-DOPA induces a switch of EEG activities from beta (~30Hz) to gamma (~90Hz) resonant oscillations.
- We can quantify the in vivo effect of your compound on BetaPark, on GammaPark and on AIM accurately, objectively and longitudinally.
Treatment with dopamine agonist induces a rise of GammaPark
used to behavior monitoring?
Combine GammaPark quantification with Abnormal Involuntary Movement (AIM) scoring.
Three types of AIMs can be assessed during a chronic GammaPark study:
- Axial (Ax): contralateral torsion of the neck and body.
- Limb (Li): involuntary and repeated movement of the contralateral forelimb.
- Orolingual (OI): contralateral chewing, tongue sticking out.
gammapark IS STABLE OVER TIME
- Induced gamma oscillations (GammaPark) remain stable along the repeated treatments (5 days) with L-DOPA 20 mg/kg.
- L-DOPA treatment in 6-OHDA rats induces a switch of EEG activities from beta (~30Hz) to gamma (~90Hz) resonant oscillations.
- This allows for longitudinal assessment of your compound effect over several days.
Choosing synapcell for your parkinson’s programs
Stable MODEL over time
Validated by a pharmacology of reference
Lead selection – validation
L-DOPA Induced Dyskinesia
Applications: Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, essential tremor, dyskinesia
Markers: beta and gamma oscillations, Multisite coherence
Models: 6-OHDA lesioned rats or contact us
Programs: Lead selection (screening of small libraries of compounds), lead validation (dose-response effect, pharmacokinetic), disease modifying therapeutic potential, rodent model phenotyping